Monday, August 6, 2012

Landskrona...a great place to spend a few hours

Whenever the train stopped at Landskrona when I was on my way up to Helsingborg I peered through the train windows hoping to see a glimmer of why I should visit. But it always looked super quite and uninspiring. However, kitted out with my Jojo Summer card I thought what the heck, let me see if I am wrong.

And man-oh-man was I mistaken. Landskrona is a lovely and it really is an awesome way to spend a few hours!


It feels like it has managed to combine aspects of Lund and Malmö. I can't quite explain it. Landskrona feels small and big all at the same time.

Hoping off the train I realised that the boring, uninspiring landscape I had been looking at wasn't the heart of Landskrona, you had to climb on a bus (number 3 to be precise) into the center to get the real deal.

I hadn't read anything about Landskrona and wasn't too sure what to expect, or, alas, when to get off the bus. So after we had been travelling for a bit the next stop was called 'artillery' and I thought, uh, with a name like that there must be something interesting at this stop. And I was right (I love it when I'm right!).

At first you see what looks like a nice park with some beautiful trees but after you have walked for a few minutes you realise that there is a moat on your right, meaning, of course, that there is a castle or some other fancy structure nearby!

Right again! Booooya! On a roll I tell you.




Yip, just beyond the moat is a citadel which has a lot of history. Originally a fortress, then a place to store weapons, and then a prison this citadel has a whole lot of history. On top of all of that it's quite nice to look at. I was there on a quiet week day which meant it felt peaceful but unfortunately I wasn't able to catch a tour of the citadel :( So if this type of thing floats your boat you might want to check out the details beforehand!



After meandering through the citadel quarters and looking at pictures of the prisoners (which is strange in itself but some really had peculiar features, I know this sounds mean-spirited, but really, some of those faces were odd). Anyways, that wasn't the point of the exhibition, I don't think (it was all in Swedish) but it's always a bit eery looking at faces of people who lived in a world so different to what we know today.




Ok, ok, I am now going off on a tangent. My mind has far too many thoughts. Back to Landskrona...

After the citadel I took a walk down to the beach which was far prettier than I anticipated it being. After looking at the ferries and the congregation of birds I decided it was time to find the center of town.




Soon, I was on the all to familiar cobblestones of Swedish walking streets and I knew it wouldn't be long before I stumbled on the main square.



 Right again! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee (I shouldn't get points for this. I just like saying it :)

The square was quaint and pretty with shops selling ice-cream and sales (rea) signs littering their windows! It was great to just walk around.



I then found myself in a garden before spotting a sign saying ferry to Ven. Eureka! So this is were one gets to the tiny village of cliffs, grass, bicycles, and beautiful beaches! Who knew?

I'm saving that trip for when Oliver gets here (only 10 days to go! YAY!).

So, it's proximity to Ven makes Landskrona attractive but there is so much more to it than that! If you have a few hours to spare and just feeling walking aimlessly around while looking at cool things, Landskrona is a sure bet!

I was wrong to judge it without going to it but I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying it is well worth the visit. You be the judge!

3 comments:

  1. stunning looking place - everything looks so clean in Sweden. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without a doubt, even after you have located a gay sizegenetics parlor or several from your immediate area you'll still have to read reviews to decide which one should be the correct choice for you. Perhaps you're a gay man that simply wants a traditional sizegenetics from someone who shares your lifestyle. By reading reviews online then you could find sizegenetics parlors that cater to gay men and offer simple, traditional sizegenetics services. However, it is possible to also be effective at find sizegenetics parlors that cater around the LGBT community that are willing to offer some much more interesting services.
    http://buysizegeneticsonline.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete